Hannah M. Taylor
(252) 241- 6260 | firstname.lastname@example.org | hannahmarietaylor.wordpress.com | linkedin.com/in/hannahmarietaylor/
East Carolina University, Greenville, N.C.
Bachelor of Science, Communication
Concentration: Journalism, Public Relations
|VC3 Office Website Host||Associated Press Writing||Time Management||Bar-Z Mobile App|
|Web Design||Social Media||WordPress||Microsoft|
|Indesign||French||Public Speaking||Video Editing/Filming|
RELEVANT COURSEWORK Business and Professional Communication, Media Writing and Reporting, Web Design, Copy Editing and Design, Video News Production, Feature Writing, Multiplatform Journalism, Public Relations Theories, Mass Media Law.
Town of Emerald Isle, Communications Intern July 2017- August 2017
- Utilized social media platforms to convey the towns latest news, events, and overall town information.
- Learned how to use the mobile application Bar-Z and website host VC3.
- Gathered various photos for the towns database.
- Created over 12 new page entries such as information about beach weddings.
College Fashionista, Editorial Intern & Community Member April 2017- Present
- Created written and visual content that adhered to a certain brands aesthetic that was published using WordPress and shared on various social media platforms (Mood boards, Stories, Photographs).
- Learned how to use Slack and Bridge, mediums of communication for employees and employers.
- Partake in webinars that have taught me skills such as how to optimize social media platforms.
Her Campus, Writer August 2017- Present
- Create content that is relevant to current events taking place in the world.
- Utilize SEO (search engine optimization) to reach a greater audience, gaining over 1,000 views on a story.
East Carolina University, The East Carolinian, Opinion Column Writer Jan. 2017- May 2017
- Created opinion based stories in the hope of connecting with readers with the same opinions.
Carteret County News-Times, Newsroom Intern May 2017
- Executed office work such as editing stories for Associated Press Style and transforming press releases into news stories.
- Shadowed reporter of the Coastal Living section and helped her cover stories such as the Morehead City Boating Show.
- Covered own story on Fort Macon which was published in the newspaper.
Buccaneer Yearbook, Content Editor August 2017- Present
- Oversee the reporting staff and assign stories.
- Work closely with reporters, photographers, photo editor, copy editor, graphic designer, and editor in chief.
Taylor Farms Website, Creator/Administrator May 2017- Present
- Website set up through WordPress that shares Taylor Farms’ new products and produce.
ACM Agency, Inc., Intern May 2017- June 2017
- Worked on the back-end of sites such as Home Depot, learning how to upload new products and their specifications.
- Assisted the agency with the Weber Grill Academy in Charlotte, N.C.
ECO Pirates for Sustainability, Public Relations Coordinator August 2017- Present
- Coordinate all social platforms and share informative and interesting material pertaining to sustainability and the club.
CERTIFICATIONS/AWARDS Dean’s List 2015, 2016 | Chancellors List 2017 | WordPress Essential Training | Buccaneer Yearbook Editor of the Year 2017